Friday, November 18, 2011

Ribbon Day

As everyone knows...I work with Special Needs Children. Well...today we all took part in "Ribbon Day" which involved various sport agencies five schools some Police Cadets and lots of harassed teachers.

I am proud I didnt lose a single student. We all participated in basketball, cricket, altheltics - jumps, javelin and sprints, football aka soccer and softball. Everything was modified to suit the needs of the students and each group had 20mins to try their new game. There were some very lovely Police cadets around to help the students try out new things and encourage and support the teachers and assistants! The smiles, laughter and giggles were worth all the calories I burned running around...and new friendships were formed. It was a pretty awesome day.

I was impressed with the sportmanship and great behaviour. I got to catch up with workmates from Riverton ESC and that was pretty awesome too. I'm reminded of why I do what I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment