Monday, October 11, 2010

A Reminder of How Fragile Life Can Be

Joshua, our darling boy, recently lost his close friend Nicole. What makes it so sad is that she was at the peak of life...17yrs old. Josh has known Nicole for many years a he introduced her to the gospel. When Nicole moved to be with her family to the USA, they maintained their friendship via email and MSN chats. Working hard, Josh earned enough money to meet Nicole at EFY Utah, in 2009. It is hard to see my son so broken hearted, but we are comforted in knowing that we have an eternal plan of happiness - and we just have to hang in there and be the best person we can possibly be, to be with our loved ones again. What comfort it gives me as a mother, to be able to comfort my son and to share my comfort, knowledge and strength with him.

Over the past few months, many of our friends have also experienced the lost of loved ones. Other friends have endured financial hardships, faced some very challenging health issues such as cancer, had close calls or were in car accidents and all manner of stresses. I am so grateful that my issues are only minor compared to what others have had to endure. I am mindful that I have nothing really to complain about as I have my good health - despite the hay fever ! My children are happy and healthy, I have a roof over my head, food in the cupboards and recently enjoyed a holiday with my most favourite people.

I am eternally grateful for those special friends out there - who have loved me and my family through the thick and thin of it all. I am blessed. If you are out there in cyber world reading this - thank you for being part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment