Friday, December 16, 2011

Salamanca Markets

Every time I mentioned that I was going  to Hobart friends would say to me : " You SO have to go to the Salamanca Markets! " So today we did just that !

Anyone who knows me well knows I love to shop. Everyone one who knows me also knows I like the quirky and unusual. Today the two perfects melded as one and we conquered the Salamanca Markets!

Can you see Josh?

Poppy Fred dropped the "girls" off first and went to get the boys, thus eliminating the need for us to source and pay for parking. Unfortunately for me, I forgot to put my mobile phone in my handbag! :( Oops! My bad. Thankfully tho, the boys manged to find us fairly quickly and easily.

We went down the entire length of one side of the street popping in and out of stalls at quite a quick pace. Lots of Christmas wares on sale etc. Nick-knacks were in abundance as was the odd fruit/vegetable/flower stall. We experience our first bratwurst and Julian and Prue sampled honey, dukkah and whatever else they could find. We bought fruit leather - tropical flavoured and then cherry and mango. Yum !I tried tempura mushrooms. Very delicious!



Cherry and Mango Fruit Leather - held by Prue


The girls and I found dresses and blouses and purchased a few. Heidi would be proud of me - I found AND purchased a HAT ! Woot woot !  So many to choose from but I only bought ONE. :) We were quite proud of ourselves. Even scored a bargain or two!


Like my hat?!


Marchi Band - busking.

Eating bratwursts.
Back at the "ranch" we rested our tired feet for a bit while Grannie had a home visit from her hairdresser. Caught up on emails, did some washing and contentedly watch the world go by from Poppy's huge bay windows....ahhhh...I could get used to this !


1 comment:



  1. evespecial Professional’s makeup advice for beginners and regular makeup lover. Pick your makeup need for your eyes, hair, face, neck, etc. that suits your need for the occasion. Experts makeup advice for girls and women, for both daily needs and for events or occasions.

    ReplyDelete